Wednesday, October 12, 2011

To Tweet or Not To Tweet?

I am still getting used to the idea of using Twitter, and I am honestly not sure if I am ever going to make it a habit.  I am aware that I am probably just not accustomed to the language, the format, and the content, but as an outsider, I do not feel that compelled to find myself as an expert of the Twitter trade.



One thing that bothers me about Twitter is how short posts need to be. I can value the art of being concise, but when this leads to cryptic messages that can only be deciphered by fellow Twitter users, I begin to lose sight of the purpose. When I tried posting something that went over 140 characters, Twitter told me to "be more clever".  Sure, I can dig your character limit, but I do not think that cutting down on words or letters exactly equates to cleverness.

Although I am currently perplexed by Twitter, I am not giving up on it altogether. There must be a reason why it is a huge phenomenon, and maybe I will eventually catch on. Perhaps I will revisit it when I have a personal urge to Tweet instead of feeling like I have to for an assignment. Until then, I am guessing my Twitter activity may remain at 10 tweets and 1 follower.

No comments:

Post a Comment