Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Letter To The Editor Published!

The letter that I wrote to my local newspaper was published last Thursday. I was excited and surprised to find out that it was published because the newspaper didn't actually tell me themselves...

A former teacher of mine actually posted the link to the newspaper on my Facebook wall, saying "Well done", "You make me proud", etc.  It was cool finding out in this way, especially because my article was about my high school, so I knew that it was a topic that was both personal to me and to my teacher who was writing to me.

Although the thought of having people I know read my letter originally made me nervous, I ended up being happy to hear that people actually read what I had to say and that they actually cared.

It was interesting to me that the newspaper never told me they were publishing my letter. Maybe it was a mistake, or maybe it just isn't a part of their protocol.  It would be kind of cool though, had I been home, to just open up the newspaper and find out that way whether I had been published. Perhaps that is the "old-fashioned" delight they are trying to preserve.

The Acorn: Letter To The Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment