Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Reaction to Twitter Co-Founder Biz Stone


I would definitely say that my feelings about Twitter have changed after listening to this interview with the co-founder, Biz Stone. 

I can appreciate Twitter for the fact that it emerged as a result of young individuals experimenting with new methods of communication.  I really liked everything that Stone had to say about the importance of people being able to voice their opinions, whether good or bad, trivial or serious. 

Since Twitter is so prominent and successful, I guess I always assumed it was created by a big business that was only trying to make money, uninterested with the actual power of the product. Stone described the excitement he felt as Twitter grew, humanizing the company in a way. Twitter is not just some faceless corporation without any concern for the implications of its work. 

I knew before that Twitter is being used in big ways to communicate information worldwide, and even to aid in revolutions, but I did not fully appreciate this fact until listening to this interview.  It made me recognize the importance of being able to communicate whatever you want, wherever, and whenever. 



No comments:

Post a Comment