Wednesday, October 19, 2011

John Ziegler and Other Hosts on KFI

I have never been one to enjoy talk radio. Perhaps I should begin to navigate my interest toward more serious radio stations, but the content I have heard on many talk radio shows makes me skeptical whether this would even be beneficial.

I have heard bits and pieces of several of the shows on KFI because my mom and brother have always been avid listeners. The line “KFI AM-640, Los Angeles-More Stimulating Talk Radio” resonates in my memory, and I instantly recognized it in the article.

David Foster Wallace describes how John Ziegler is very passionate on the air, proclaiming his opinions loud and clear, even if he disguises them as “the analysis of the facts”. Since the only talk radio show hosts I have really listened to are also on KFI, they are similar to Ziegler in many respects. They are all very, very passionate and their voice and attitude is much more apparent than the facts they are actually discussing.  I have heard shows from Dr. Laura, George Noory, and Bill Handel. Everything they say is pretty frenzied and off-the-wall, and it sounds like John Ziegler may be very similar. This is not the type of news or entertainment that I would prefer to listen to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment