Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yelp!

I had a pretty good experience using Yelp for the first time.  I chose to write reviews about two of my favorite restaurants, one in Amherst, and one back home.

I chose to write about Bruno’s Pizza, which is located in downtown Amherst. It is one of my favorite places to get food late at night if I am nearby. (Even if I usually regret it the next day…)

I also chose to write about one of my favorite delis in my hometown.  It is the type of place that always makes everyone really excited when they are about to eat there.  Since this deli is one of my fondest places in my hometown, I knew it would be a good place to review.

I chose to write about places that I really like, meaning that both of my reviews were of course positive.  I felt good about promoting these restaurants, especially because they are both smaller establishments.

Several of the reviews on Yelp were negative.  I definitely think that these entries would be helpful if I were looking for a place to go, but I don’t know if I personally would ever go out of my way to write a bad review for a business

I found Yelp to be pretty easy to navigate and use.  I definitely think that it could be a helpful tool to use when exploring new areas.  I’m not sure if I would regularly write more reviews in the future, but I would definitely consider using it read the reviews of others.

Bruno's
The best pizza I've had in Amherst! It is very easy to get food quickly if you stop by late at night. The only down side is that you can't get pizzas by the slice. But definitely recommended! There is not much space to eat inside, but it's the perfect place to pick something up, or to order a delivery from.

Italia Deli

Italia Deli is one of the best places to eat in the Agoura area. It is the perfect place to go during a lunch break, or to pick up a delicious sandwich on the way to the beach.  They also have fresh and one of a kind breads and delicacies to stock up your kitchen. To top it all off, there is a high-energy and friendly environment with local workers. I am a college student, and it is one of the places I look forward to returning to every time I go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment