Friday, December 9, 2011

MassLive Photo Submission

For this assignment, I posted a photo to the Mass Live's album of the October snow storm.

Often when I am on campus, I find myself wanting to take pictures of trees. There are such a variety of trees on campus,  and when I see a really good one, I'll often take a picture of it with my phone.

After the snow storm in October, so many trees were destroyed around campus. I saw one tree on campus that had completely split down the middle, and I took my phone out right away to capture it.

After searching Mass Live for content that I could contribute to, I realized that I could add my picture to the October snow storm album. The album was interesting because it showed a progression from people enjoying the snow to some of the devastating effects of the storm. It definitely was a whirlwind of a weekend, and this progression of good and bad is represented well in the album.

I was hoping that people would comment on my photo, but there was not much user activity, likely because the snowstorm is slightly old news. I expect that this timing has a lot to do with the lack of comments. On the other hand, it was neat to be able to view the album after it was for the most part complete. Since I already know the entire result of the storm, it may have been a different experience than if I were to upload my picture as it was still happening. I am glad that I was able to see the whole album as an entire story.

No comments:

Post a Comment